Ok, so ya know when you are going to bed and your head is spinning with great ideas, things to do, things to write about? I think it is the best brainstorming time. Although sometimes I just want to yell, SHUT UP ALREADY! Of course, Art would think I was nuts, that is, if he even woke up. That man can sleep through anything it seems. Anywho....I need to keep a pad of paper by my bed so I can write these things down, cause now for the life of me I cannot remember any of them.
I have been introduced to the world of Geocaching! It is like treasure hunting. If anyone is wondering what it is, I will try to explain, but you can also go to www.geocaching.com . So what you do is follow longitude and latitude coordinates to a hidden "treasure" which is usually a log to sign to say that you found it. Sometimes you can trade items like a little car or coin. It is so addicting. When I told Art about it and he saw how excited I was, he joked and asked me if I was going to go on "geocache weekends" like my scrapbooking. I had to laugh and then as I thought about it, I thought that wouldn't be too bad. So, there is another mom at school, Lucy, who introduced me to this and now we are finding every opportunity to go caching. It is amazing how many places around me that people have hidden things. Now, I want to get a little gps device to use. I just have to convince Art! I think that this would be a great thing to get out of the house this summer. The kids like going treasure hunting, so it wasn't hard to get them to buy into it. We will see how it goes!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to see that you're enjoying Geocaching!
And yes, there are Geocaching weekends. :)
Hey, when you're not Geocaching check us out sometime at Geocaching Online In addition to our blog we have hundreds of links to Geocaching how-to's, information and more.
Post a Comment